Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A day off....from what?

Today I decided to take the day off and do nothing. I had to haul my ass to jury selection by 8:30am which was probably one of the hugest struggles of the week so far. Upon notifying them that I no longer live in that particular county, I was sent back home where I immediately went back to sleep. I blew off class and work for this beautiful, rainy day, in favor of sleeping and eating Chinese food and wishing I was more productive.

You see, this is a metaphor for my life. I'd rather be sleeping than accomplishing anything (other than more sleep). What makes it so easy to do this is that all of my friends are just like me. I can't think of one friend who'd rather study or apply to grad schools over sleeping or doing some form of bodily harm in order to attain a level of intoxication and/or hallucination. For example, while I was sleeping I received a text message from my friend from school who wanted to how much shrooms cost. Do I know? Hell no! I am better off than her and that makes me glad. But I wish someone would do something about this lack of ambition we have.

I spoke to my dad on the phone earlier today, still groggy from sleep, and he kindly informed me that I should get going on my future. Am I going to law school? Am I getting a job? Just what the fuck am I doing? At this point I have no idea. I know as far as next week, and even that is a little shady. To be honest, I'd like to be a heiress or a rich kid in general. I don't say that because I just want good material things and an easy life, I mean that there are monetary obstacles that prevent me from doing what I want to do, therefore I do nothing. It's stupid logic, but the thought of how much debt I'll be in when I graduate in May is paralyzing. And then to seriously consider grad school? To double my debt? A no talent like Paris Hilton can write books, act in movies, and sing songs (I use the terms "write", "act" and "sing" very loosely) but a private-university-educated person like me is stuck in debt and with no outlets for the creativity I was supposedly honing in school.

Alright, I finally planned what I'm doing today. I predict that I'll go to Starbucks down the road and work on some homework. If only I had the motivation to lift myself off of this chair.

1 Comments:

Blogger Snoskred said...

I'd rather be sleeping than accomplishing anything too. :) I don't think this improves with age.

I'm just trying to visit as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can and I thought I'd say hi, I liked your blog.. :)

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home